Sunday 1 April 2012

Stockport Vintage Village 11th March 2012 (better late than never posting this)

Its been over a month since the last Vintage Fair at Stockport Vintage Village, but it was a fantastic fair (I purchased an amazing Scottish Made red, blue and white tartan cape for a steal at £20 from a very nice lady, as well as a couple of vintage dress patterns)

I also had a chat with two ladies that had craft stalls at the fair, both with beautiful products and wonderfully presented stands...

The first was Sesame and Lilly. I was blown away by her stall which was filled with french love letters and postcards printed onto pretty floral fabrics and lace. She produces a vast array of items, from hand bound journals, to cosmetic cases and cushions, lavender pillows and sewing cases (I am definitely purchasing one at the next show)

I was particularly interested in her use of the old letters and postcards as I have recently completed a feature for a magazine sharing my own collection of  love letters, postcards, photographs and greetings cards sent between my Great Aunt & Uncle during World War II.

You can view here beautiful blog at: http://sesameandlilly.blogspot.co.uk/

You can visit her shop at: http://sesameandlilly.bigcartel.com/

(Note my pictures do not do the stall justice!!)





The second ladies stall I saw that I particularly liked was called Nellie and Elsie. I particularly liked her handbound books (but my picture did not come out very clear) as well as her earring range and the charming 'Key To Happiness' gift set.

You can view her blog at: http://nellieandelsie.blogspot.co.uk/





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this, it's made my sunday :) Hopefully see you at another Vintage Village soon. xx

    ReplyDelete